2.21.2005

The Short List

Last night we looked at interior selections for the Phoenix House. It appears we will have a new house in the empty lot by Labor Day. The world is changing at a rapid rate. It started last Labor Day in North Carolina. Here are the major world events that have shaped my life since losing my best friend:

1. I Started my new job with NewWest selling new construction loft condos in the city.
2. The Red Sox killed the curse, beat the Yankees and won the World Series. Lee was standing next to me and will vouch that I called the end of the curse right after Dave Roberts stole second.
3. Florida got hit with four consecutive hurricanes.
4. I asked Amy to marry me.
5. My parents announced their retirement from 50+ years of teaching.
6. The Red house burnt down the night we opened our Christmas presents.
7. A tsunami rocked southeast Asia and killed hundreds of thousands.
8. Amy and I bought a 2BR loft in the city. It's new construction and we hope to close next winter.
9. Chicago got hit with its worst snow in 20 years on Kevin's birthday.
10. Dad coached his final Girls Varsity Basketball game after 27 years.
11. Grandpa started Alzheimer medicine.
12. We started efforts to construct the Phoenix house using insurance money from the fire.
13. Amy changes her industry from corporate life to retail management.
14.

It seems like a lot of change. I used to not like change. I think I've come to accept and embrace change, while making every attempt to savor each moment of my life. It does however make me feel less than balanced at times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, change is what keeps us going day to day. If it wasnt for change, I'd still be in fifth grade back in OP, with no responsibility in the world. It sucks, but at the same time, is essential, in some sort of weird way.

-JR