2.02.2005

Parallel Universe

Which reminds me of my workout last Friday. I shattered an 8 ft tall mirror. The thing was leaning against a pillar and I leaned a 45 lb. bar against the back of it. Apparently, it was not fixed to the pillar as I had hoped. Actually, I checked and saw that it wasn't attached, but thought it would hold. I was wrong, it shattered all over some dusty piece of equipment. Though it might have held had I stopped the bench I was adjusting to drop with that percussive thump. No one was hurt. And I don't believe in the 7 year thing. I live with a black cat and my goddaughter was born on a friday the thirteenth. I'm a lucky person. I get it from my grandma. So this mirror thing has to be something else. My first reaction was to think that in the parallel universe housed inside that mirror, I died. Maybe somewhere, I couldn't take it anymore and stepped in front of a bus. Or maybe I dropped a bar bell on my face. I don't know. But definitely something to marinate on.

No comments: