When I moved two hours west from the Chicago area to the Quad Cities of Illinois, one big concern I harbored was the availability of a good music/ culture scene.
Granted, when you hit your thirties with two small children, culture is going to come in bunches anyway.
Either way, I was shocked this week to find out that the best music website in the world is based in my backyard.
The Daytrotter website is a platform that allows established and emerging artists to cut a few tracks at the Horseshack Studio in Rock Island, IL.
The tracks are live productions, and unedited. A process that, as the Daytrotter states, leaves the songs "dirty and alive"... For some reason, this statement conjures notions of what Jeff Tweedy's stocking cap must smell like.
Speaking of which-- (along with many, many other good groups) the Wilco abides. They produced a nice alternate version of "One Sunday Morning"-- in case you're as obsessed with that song as I am.
A Daytrotter.com membership costs a measly $2 a month and comes with lots of freebies, including free downloads and free vinyl. And let's face it, two dollars doesn't buy shit anymore.
So see if your favorite group has stopped by the Horseshack and check out Daytrotter-- the QC's finest export. Other than this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment