11.28.2005
Grambo
Grandma Jenny turns 89 today. Last night, we went to visit her at St. Mathews where she stays, had pumpkin pie and sang happy birthday. She still has that twinkle in her eye, still leans in to receive her kisses, and as always, looks to be in great shape. She smiles, she laughs, and she defends her pumpkin pie with gusto if you try to clear her plate before she has finished. Grandma has Alzheimer's and in turn, her communication ability has left her. Still a warrior, she loves playing catch with her beach ball, and anymore, its kinda how she communicates. Which is absolutely fine by me considering that Having A Catch has always been just another way of saying 'love you'. So what if the world no longer makes any sense to grandma... Does it now to you or me? Anyway, people have been communicating non-verbally since, well... before language was invented. Think about a dancer. Nothing more than symbolic movement. Or a boxer who lets his fists do the talking. Or Rambo. I read that due to Rambo's various mental afflictions, he expressed himself via his extreme level of physical fitness. Sound like anyone? Grandma has always been a physical specimen to behold. She's not just a fighter, she's a champion. She's not just a warrior, She's Grambo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do you consider First Blood the first Rambo picture, or is that something of a prequel to Rambo? I ask because there's a Rambo III, but seemingly no officially titled Rambo I or II. Correct if I'm wrong of course.
First Blood (1982)
Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
Rambo III (1987)
A+B=C
And then there was Catherine Rose! Lookout! She and Jenny, I mean Grambo, will share their birthday. Congratulations Janice and Eric. Congratulations Catherine Rose.
Post a Comment